Welcome to My Story

I hope this can be a place of sharing and healing. I want to share my struggles and surprises on this journey. I want to help you find healing like I did by relying on my faith and pursuing my dream of writing a children's book. Maddy and Scooter: Unlikely Friends is not only my book, but an action response to my grief. I hope you can give birth to your dream!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April is National Infertility Awareness Month

Infertility is a heart-wrenching, faith-questioning, relationship-testing, life-altering experience. April is Infertility Awareness Month. Whether a friend, a family member, a colleague or yourself has fought through this difficult fate that MILLIONS of women and men are fighting day in and day out. Post this as your status if you or someone you know has walked to hell and back for the chance to be a MOM or DAD. I noticed this status on someone's Facebook page and had to make everyone aware. I am just now realizing it is infertility awareness month and I am happy to be speaking at a fundraiser for RESOLVE, the national infertility association this weekend. I tried to look up in my area what charity events are taking place or any other fundraisers I could be a part of. Do you know what I found? NOTHING! If anyone knows of one in the San Diego area this month please make me aware. I am saddened that San Diego and our area is not reaching out and doing more to raise money for fertility research. I am doing my part. If you want to join me contact me via this blog or on Facebook. I have green wristbands, similar to the Lance Armstrong "Live Strong" bracelets, that say "give birth to your dream" that are available for $5. A dollar from each wristband goes to support RESOLVE. I will have a website up soon with my story and the bracelets for sale. Until then you can contact me directly if you want one. As I have said before, I want women with fertility issues to find their creative outlets and whatever makes them feel alive to go and do that! That is my message with "give birth to your dream." My dream and creative outlet was writing my children's book. What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment